Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Google Reader

Google Reader is my life line to my hobbies: rubber stamping, card making and digital scrapbooking.

Currently I subsecribe to 240 blogs. All the information I need on technique, tutorials, finished product etc... is available on the internet. Their are literally thousands of people who share the same hobbies and love to share any information they have.

I love Google Reader because I can see at a glance which blogs/websites have new postings or information. I can then select the blog and the new posting I want to read. I couldn't rely on my favorites to do this. I would have to go down the list one by one searching for new posts and it would be very time consuming, if at all possible time wise.

If I find a posting I like I assign one of my tags to it. That way the information is at my fingertips, when I want it again, without doing a huge search through my favorites to find it.

I try to read through the entire list of all the new posts for the blogs I subsribed to at least once every couple of weeks. There is always tons of new posts. I have all the blogs organized by hobby, ie stamping, digital scrabooking, photography etc.... so I can read all the new posts on a certain topic.

One of the best features of Reader is that my account is store on-line and not on my pc. Therefore if my PC were to crash I would not lose everything and have to start all over. I really heavily on the internet re blogs, websites etc... for information on my hobbies and Reader is a great place to keep upto date on new posts and to keep that information organized and at my fingertips.

I have been using Reader for quite awhile and will continue to do so probably for many years to come. It is the best method I have for classifying and organizing all the information I want/need on my hobbies.

Some of the new blogs I have been looking at recently include:

http://andreawalford.com/?p=3064

http://zindorf.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/

Many of the blogs I read lead me to another one on the same topic. My only problem with Google Reader is to realistically control the number of blogs that I subscribe to or my computer might just swallow me up for a few days at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment