Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Picasa

I did a search for severl pictures and did not turn one up with any tags on it. I am wondering if this is a popular feature. If I had pictures on Picasa, I would certainly use tags as very fast and efficient method of finding certain pictures in my albums. I like the idea that your albums can remain private if you want them too.

I was surprised to see the photo I used in the header of my blog already in my album in Picasa. I quess I can assume that any photos I have on my blog are automatically assigned to my album? I will have to take a look to see if the photos in my other blog are also in picasa under my other ID.

I like the feature that I can give friends and family an id and password to see my photos/albums, thus only allowing certain people access. I also like the fact that the pictures are stored on-line. Right now they are on my pc and if something should go wrong, then I would have a problem.

However, I am using a very good photo editing software package on my computer that incorporates the features that Picasa has. I can even do intermittent backups and e-mail pictures right from with the package as well as editing and creating new projects. I will take a serious look at Picasa. I do have pictures on line in other web sites such as Photobucket. Sounds like there is a winter project ahead for me in evaluating and deciding on which on-line photo software to use. I do however, like having everything together under one account.

No comments:

Post a Comment