Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Wiki

My item for the picnic wiki was bratwurst and buns. I don't recall reading that anyone else was bringing bratwurst or sausages.

I found the wiki very easy to use and had no problems adding to the picnic list or the sidebar.

At the moment I don't have a need for wiki, but I can see some great possibilities down the road. I belong to a Canadian Rubber Stamping group with members all across the country. The wiki would be a great place to write shared stamping tutorials. All the members could add to it and edit it making the tutorial that much better. I will have to tell my fellow members about this wonderful new tool.

My brother-in-law in Halifax are working on a family tree together. Using a wiki between the two of us would prpabably eliminate some of the confusing e-mails and expensive telephone calls.

This may also be a useful tool at work as all the library technicians in our department have different job site locations. This would possibly be a great communication tool for us to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment